Our Blog Our Latest Blog
Different Types Of Plantation Shutters
November 06, 2019
Plantation shutters are also known as plantation blinds. These classic window coverings come in different styles and designs. They are cost effective and require very low maintenance. Three major types of plantation shutters are vinyl shutters, wooden plantation blinds and composite plantation window shutters.
1. Vinyl Plantation Shutters
They are the most cost-effective plantation blinds. These are very ideal for large windows. They have aluminium or PVC support for better stability. In Mandurah, these shutters have become very popular because of their several advantages. They are long-lasting and very easy to maintain. These are highly weather and water-resistant. Vinyl blinds are generally classified into 5 different categories. They include hollow shutters, structured hollow shutters, solid shutters, solid aluminium vinyl shutters and vinyl clad wood shutters.
• Hollow shutters: These shutters are also known as hollow vinyl window frames. They are very light in weight because of the hollow structure and very less expensive as compared to other vinyl plantation shutters.
• Structured hollow shutters: They are the advanced version of the conventional hollow shutters. They have high structural integrity in comparison to hollow vinyl. These shutters offer better support also.
• Solid shutter: It is another popular type of vinyl plantation shutter. As the name implies, this vinyl frame has a solid structure. If you are looking for a durable and cost effective vinyl shutter then this one is the perfect choice for you.
• Solid aluminum vinyl shutter: Like structured hollow blinds, solid aluminium vinyl shutter is the advanced version of a solid shutter. This vinyl shutter is made of aluminium. The aluminium provides better metal support.
• Vinyl-clad wooden shutter: This window blind has become famous because of its durability and high strength. In this shutter, a wooden frame is generally wrapped in vinyl. It is highly moisture resistant.
2. Wooden Plantation Shutters
As the name suggests, these window coverings are made of wood. Basswood is generally used to make these window shutters. They come in different sizes and shapes. If you want the stylish and light window shutters, then these are the best options for you.
3. Composite Plantation Window Shutters
Composite plantation window blinds are also known as faux wood shutters. They are generally made of medium density fiberboards or MDF. MDF is one kind of engineered wood which is wrapped in PVC or vinyl coating. These shutters are extremely strong and sturdy. They are high humidity and weather resistant.
So, these shutters are affordable, beautiful and very long-lasting. Whether you select vinyl, wood or composite, these unique window coverings can definitely add an extra layer of beauty to your house.